It’s true we are following the performance of the upcoming comic book Black on Kickstarter from industry heavyweights Kwanza Osajyefo, Tim Smith 3, Jamal Igle and Khary Randolph. And, after smashing its goal, has moved on to stretch goals.
$45,000: UPGRADE U All pledges $25 and up will now include a 8.5” x 11” mini-poster of Jamal’s illustration of Juncture and Kareem. Pledges $50 and above will receive an additional 11” x 17” large-format poster of Khary’s cover. Additionally, all $25 rewards will include a custom BLACK branded bookmark, and $50 rewards and up will receive three bookmarks, representing each faction within the story.
$55,000: THE BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE Fight scenes in comics can be brief and have a lot of dialogue that wouldn’t be possible in a real fight. It’s been part of Kwanza’s dream to do an epic, cinematic fight scene with minimal dialogue and loads of action. This goal would add 20 extra pages to the climactic battle at the end of BLACK. Expect all-out action that will give the characters more room to show off their skills and abilities. PLUS we’ll include a hint at what’s to come after the conclusion of BLACK.
$65,000: BIRTH OF A NATION How long have Blacks had superpowers and how has it been kept secret from the world at large? Kwanza Osajyefo and Tim Smith 3 will reveal insights from the lost pages of the Mann family diary dating back as far as the 15th century to present day. The story will be a limited series published via LINE Webtoons and on BLACK’s social media channels after the graphic novel is released.
- Britain Gets Batburgers for Real - June 21, 2018
- Dellec Gets a Relaunch and a Primer in Aspen Press September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New Hatchet Series Launches from American Mythology in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- 4 New Graphic Novels from Caliber in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- Central City Comix of Surrey, British Columbia, Canada to Close This Weekend - June 21, 2018