Scream! was a British weekly horror comic anthology that ran for fifteen issues in 1984 from IPC, until a strike at the printers killed it off and it merged with Eagle.
One of the strips, Monster, was a story about Uncle Terry, a physically deformed man locked up an attic who escaped, and accidentally murders people who get too close. The first episode was written by a young Alan Moore, with subsequent episodes by John Wagner, credited to his pseudonym Rick Clark. Monster continued as a strip in Eagle for a number of years.
Well, now it’s coming back.
It’s one of a number of classic British comics that Rebellion, the publishers of 2000AD, are reprinting – and possibly reviving – Monster. Which means we will get the original story reprinted for the first time, with the complete 190 published pages.
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018