Scream! was a British weekly horror comic anthology that ran for fifteen issues in 1984 from IPC, until a strike at the printers killed it off and it merged with Eagle.
One of the strips, Monster, was a story about Uncle Terry, a physically deformed man locked up an attic who escaped, and accidentally murders people who get too close. The first episode was written by a young Alan Moore, with subsequent episodes by John Wagner, credited to his pseudonym Rick Clark. Monster continued as a strip in Eagle for a number of years.
Well, now it’s coming back.
It’s one of a number of classic British comics that Rebellion, the publishers of 2000AD, are reprinting – and possibly reviving – Monster. Which means we will get the original story reprinted for the first time, with the complete 190 published pages.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017