Scream! was a British weekly horror comic anthology that ran for fifteen issues in 1984 from IPC, until a strike at the printers killed it off and it merged with Eagle.
One of the strips, Monster, was a story about Uncle Terry, a physically deformed man locked up an attic who escaped, and accidentally murders people who get too close. The first episode was written by a young Alan Moore, with subsequent episodes by John Wagner, credited to his pseudonym Rick Clark. Monster continued as a strip in Eagle for a number of years.
Well, now it’s coming back.
It’s one of a number of classic British comics that Rebellion, the publishers of 2000AD, are reprinting – and possibly reviving – Monster. Which means we will get the original story reprinted for the first time, with the complete 190 published pages.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017