In July, Bleeding Cool pointed out that controversial comic book publisher Bluewater Comics had changed its name to StormFront Publishing.
I pointed out that Stormfront is a word normally associated with fascism and fascist sympathiser organisations. At the time, Bluewater’s Darren G Davis told me “Stormfront has been around for about 15 years when I started comic books as most of the custom stuff I did. It is absolutely not intentional. In fact we repudiate everything the do and stand for. The company has nothing in common nor any connection to that hate filled group.”
Well, it’s a new year. And another new name.
Storm Entertainment. Darren tells me “I listened to you…… as it is hard for me to admit, you were right.
No worries Darren. As long as the new name won’t bring any attention from X-Men publisher, Marvel Comics who have trademarked “Storm” for “publications; namely, comic books and comic magazines and stories in illustrated form” since 1993… and last renewed in 2014.
Next time, come to me first, okay Darren?
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017