In July, Bleeding Cool pointed out that controversial comic book publisher Bluewater Comics had changed its name to StormFront Publishing.
I pointed out that Stormfront is a word normally associated with fascism and fascist sympathiser organisations. At the time, Bluewater’s Darren G Davis told me “Stormfront has been around for about 15 years when I started comic books as most of the custom stuff I did. It is absolutely not intentional. In fact we repudiate everything the do and stand for. The company has nothing in common nor any connection to that hate filled group.”
Well, it’s a new year. And another new name.
Storm Entertainment. Darren tells me “I listened to you…… as it is hard for me to admit, you were right.
No worries Darren. As long as the new name won’t bring any attention from X-Men publisher, Marvel Comics who have trademarked “Storm” for “publications; namely, comic books and comic magazines and stories in illustrated form” since 1993… and last renewed in 2014.
Next time, come to me first, okay Darren?
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017