In July, Bleeding Cool pointed out that controversial comic book publisher Bluewater Comics had changed its name to StormFront Publishing.
I pointed out that Stormfront is a word normally associated with fascism and fascist sympathiser organisations. At the time, Bluewater’s Darren G Davis told me “Stormfront has been around for about 15 years when I started comic books as most of the custom stuff I did. It is absolutely not intentional. In fact we repudiate everything the do and stand for. The company has nothing in common nor any connection to that hate filled group.”
Well, it’s a new year. And another new name.
Storm Entertainment. Darren tells me “I listened to you…… as it is hard for me to admit, you were right.
No worries Darren. As long as the new name won’t bring any attention from X-Men publisher, Marvel Comics who have trademarked “Storm” for “publications; namely, comic books and comic magazines and stories in illustrated form” since 1993… and last renewed in 2014.
Next time, come to me first, okay Darren?
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017