Get ready for a comic that will knock your socks off! The Last Contract #1, is a new crime noir mini-series launching from the awesome publisher BOOM! Studios on January 6th by Ed Brisson (The Violent) and newcomer artist Lisandro Estherren.
Bleeding Cool has an exclusive five page preview for you to enjoy and boy is it good…
But first, here’s what it’s all about:
A retired, 80-year-old hit man, known only as “The Man,” is forced back into the game when a list of his kills is leaked by a mysterious blackmailer. The list makes targets out of anyone associated with one of the The Man’s previous jobs, not to mention The Man himself. As he fights to protect those the list exposes, The Man sets off to uncover the identity of the blackmailer so he can move on with his new life once and for all, but will the truth ruin those chances forever?
I really love the art style and way the colors are used. The darker pallet sets the mood with a more suspenseful tone. The dialogue is, well, terrifyingly great. This comic is sure to be a page-turner. Get a taste of what’s to come below!
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016