Cartoonist Jon Allen has been producing the online comic, Ohio is For Sale, since 2012, and it’s now entering its 7th chapter, all posted online, but also available in chapter-based high-end mini comics at indie comic shows, particularly on the East Coast. Recently he launched chapters 5 and 6 at Small Press Expo, and is currently preparing chapter 7 for Locust Moon Comics Festival, coming up on October 31st in Philadelphia.
Jon Allen is also the author of Vacationland, a 3 volume, disturbing, emotive, and intimate look at a family’s life in New England, and if there’s one thing that’s certain about Allen, it’s that his comics are going to continue to reach for their own high standards.
Allen is a member of Hang Dai Studios in Gowanus, Brooklyn, alongside Dean Haspiel, Gregory Benton, Joe Infurnari, Christa Cassano, Swifty Lang, and more.
Here’s a survey of some of his work on Ohio Is For Sale, but feel free to go read the entire saga so far, for free:
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015