We asked the question about Season Ten three years ago. And there was.
It will mark the second “season” since the end of the TV Buffy The Vampire Slayer and the decision to continue the TV show in continuity as a series of comic books.
The first may have been dazzled by the infinite-FX budget of comic books, but may have lost the insular nature of the TV show, defined rather than restrained by its restrictions.
That’s something Season Ten has embraced more, bringing it back to the “Scooby Gang” time after time, even as they underwent many a change. Especially Giles.
The comic book is popular enough for Dark Horse and the license costs aren’t likely to be high right now, so long after the TV show ended.
So the odds are good. However, to justify a new season, it is likely that the comic will have to take a big plot lurch.
Could the comic continue, say, without Buffy? What would happen if the slayer was… turned? Mindless speculation of course. But that’s probably the way I’d go…
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018