We asked the question about Season Ten three years ago. And there was.
It will mark the second “season” since the end of the TV Buffy The Vampire Slayer and the decision to continue the TV show in continuity as a series of comic books.
The first may have been dazzled by the infinite-FX budget of comic books, but may have lost the insular nature of the TV show, defined rather than restrained by its restrictions.
That’s something Season Ten has embraced more, bringing it back to the “Scooby Gang” time after time, even as they underwent many a change. Especially Giles.
The comic book is popular enough for Dark Horse and the license costs aren’t likely to be high right now, so long after the TV show ended.
So the odds are good. However, to justify a new season, it is likely that the comic will have to take a big plot lurch.
Could the comic continue, say, without Buffy? What would happen if the slayer was… turned? Mindless speculation of course. But that’s probably the way I’d go…
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018