Nuketown remains one of the true favorite Call of Duty maps of all time. The small map can be a little scatter brained, but the setting and condensed nature make it a fan main stay.
It’s now been announced that the map will be back in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, albeit with a few tweaks. It won’t look like how you remember, but Treyarch are going to try and recreate the map for the modern day Call of Duty sensibilities. In a statement Mark Lamia, Studio Head of Treyarch said:
The Nuketown maps have a special place in Call of Duty multiplayer history and we can’t wait to build upon that heritage in Black Ops III. We carefully adapted the design of the map to make sure that it fit with our new movement system, but to also make sure that we retained the spirit and the fun that made fans fall in love with it in the first place.
Take a look at some concept art for the redesign here:
This is sure to please older fans, as retreading old classics can always be a ton of fun. Here’s hoping they do find a new way for the map to work with the insanely vertical and fast based movement of the game.
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018