Nuketown remains one of the true favorite Call of Duty maps of all time. The small map can be a little scatter brained, but the setting and condensed nature make it a fan main stay.
It’s now been announced that the map will be back in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, albeit with a few tweaks. It won’t look like how you remember, but Treyarch are going to try and recreate the map for the modern day Call of Duty sensibilities. In a statement Mark Lamia, Studio Head of Treyarch said:
The Nuketown maps have a special place in Call of Duty multiplayer history and we can’t wait to build upon that heritage in Black Ops III. We carefully adapted the design of the map to make sure that it fit with our new movement system, but to also make sure that we retained the spirit and the fun that made fans fall in love with it in the first place.
Take a look at some concept art for the redesign here:
This is sure to please older fans, as retreading old classics can always be a ton of fun. Here’s hoping they do find a new way for the map to work with the insanely vertical and fast based movement of the game.
- Huge list of Cars in Forza Horizon 4 Leaks due to Accidental Early Download - June 25, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 is ‘75% Done’ says Report - June 25, 2018
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Director Says the Game was Announced too Early - June 25, 2018
- PC Version of Red Dead Redemption 2 Turns Up on Linkedin Profile - June 22, 2018
- Capcom Open to Streaming More Games Onto the Nintendo Switch - June 22, 2018