This past weekend, news started appearing on social media that Pop Culture photographer and comics writer of Schmuck, Seth Kushner, would soon be honored by the posthumous dual-naming of the street he grew up on in Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn as “Seth Kushner Way”. Full details later emerged. Kushner, who passed away in May at the age of 42 due to Leukemia, had a massive impact on the local creative community, as attested at his memorial service and the fundraising that continues to help his wife and young son continue to cover costs medical and personal.
The street-naming event is going to take place on October 4th at 10AM, located at Hubbard Street and Shore Parkway in Brooklyn, but family are asking that those wishing to attend reply by September 8th with an R.S.V.P. and a note of the number of people who will be attending. Given the outpouring of respect for Kushner in the past, trying to get an idea of numbers attending is essential.
Seth’s wife, Terra Kushner, says:
We will be celebrating the renaming of Hubbard Street (the street Seth grew up on) to “Seth Kushner Way” on Sunday, October 4th at 10am, located on the the corner of Hubbard Street & Shore Parkway in Sheepshead Bay 11235. Please RSVP by responding yes & number of people by September 8th if you would like to attend. *Please share this event with anyone that might be interested in attending.
The events listing for the street-naming can be found here on Facebook.
Also consider supporting Seth’s family through their gofundme page right here.
The portrait of Seth Kushner, above, was taken by Carlos Molina.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015