This week we got our first look at how Michael Fassbender will appear in the Assassin’s Creed movie. One of the cool things, I think, is that the movie isn’t a retelling of any of the old titles, but instead is a totally new narrative, that exists in the same universe as the games.
On that note, Aymar Azaïzia, head of Assassin’s Creed content at Ubisoft, has confirmed that the events of the movies will be felt in the games, on top of other media. In a tweet to a fan, he said:
IWe share the same universe. Elements in the film have consequences as in our games, comics, and books -Aymar https://t.co/FSpepKARt7
— Assassin’s Creed (@assassinscreed) August 28, 2015
I’m all for this. Bringing the universe together might well help with the lost sense of direction and overarching narrative the series has lost a little of. Now, I don’t expect huge sweeping connections, but still, little nods will all play their part in making this universe feel bigger.
- Blizzard Creates Animation of Zenyatta Walking After Fan Request, and It’s the Best - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Has Been Playing A Lot Of Stardew Valley On Nintendo Switch - February 23, 2018
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Houston Outlaws vs London Spitfire - February 23, 2018
- Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown Gets New Trailer as it Hits Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive Charges Money For a New Save Slot - February 23, 2018