This week we got our first look at how Michael Fassbender will appear in the Assassin’s Creed movie. One of the cool things, I think, is that the movie isn’t a retelling of any of the old titles, but instead is a totally new narrative, that exists in the same universe as the games.
On that note, Aymar Azaïzia, head of Assassin’s Creed content at Ubisoft, has confirmed that the events of the movies will be felt in the games, on top of other media. In a tweet to a fan, he said:
IWe share the same universe. Elements in the film have consequences as in our games, comics, and books -Aymar https://t.co/FSpepKARt7
— Assassin’s Creed (@assassinscreed) August 28, 2015
I’m all for this. Bringing the universe together might well help with the lost sense of direction and overarching narrative the series has lost a little of. Now, I don’t expect huge sweeping connections, but still, little nods will all play their part in making this universe feel bigger.
- Battlefield 1943 is Available on Xbox One by Way of Backwards Compatibility - May 25, 2018
- God of War has Supassed 5 Million Copies Sold - May 25, 2018
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018