This week we got our first look at how Michael Fassbender will appear in the Assassin’s Creed movie. One of the cool things, I think, is that the movie isn’t a retelling of any of the old titles, but instead is a totally new narrative, that exists in the same universe as the games.
On that note, Aymar Azaïzia, head of Assassin’s Creed content at Ubisoft, has confirmed that the events of the movies will be felt in the games, on top of other media. In a tweet to a fan, he said:
IWe share the same universe. Elements in the film have consequences as in our games, comics, and books -Aymar https://t.co/FSpepKARt7
— Assassin’s Creed (@assassinscreed) August 28, 2015
I’m all for this. Bringing the universe together might well help with the lost sense of direction and overarching narrative the series has lost a little of. Now, I don’t expect huge sweeping connections, but still, little nods will all play their part in making this universe feel bigger.
- Blizzard Says Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch is Possible - August 17, 2018
- Dontnod Entertainment’s Vampyr Optioned for TV Series - August 17, 2018
- Hitman 2 Gets New Trailer Showing How to Change the World Around You - August 17, 2018
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018