Speaking to MCV, that is just what marketing executive at Konami, Jon Edwards has done. In the interview he displays a brashness that comes with the confidence of knowing the company have made a good title.
Anyone who has spent any amount of time with it has been blown away by its depth, scope and ambition. It is one of those games where people go: ‘I wonder if I can do this?’ and they inevitably can. Many games claim to be sandbox, open-world affairs, but Metal Gear Solid V does offer incredible freedom. Yes, there are missions, but it is truly up to you how they are tackled. When we have shown it to the press, the interesting thing is that they don’t discuss just the missions or what they played, but how they did it. You get people swapping different stories, and discussing how they beat certain elements.
He then added:
It’s the game of the year – guaranteed.
I was actually just updating my GotY list this evening. I guess this could have saved me a ton of time!
In all seriousness though, this is a statement absolutely rooted in confidence and one the publisher is seemingly backing up if reviews `are to be believed. I really can’t wait to see if this really does hold up.
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer - March 19, 2018
- Report Claims Next Assassin’s Creed Game is Going to Ancient Greece - March 19, 2018
- Burnout Paradise Tops UK Charts, Proving It Still Has Some Magic to Give - March 19, 2018
- LEGO The Incredibles Looks Like it is Happening Thanks to Retail Leak - March 19, 2018
- God of War Gets a New TV Spot Featuring Several Locations - March 19, 2018