Michael Bay’s 451 Media Group announced the launch of its 451 Interactive Publishing division that will focus on a merging of printed graphic novels with digital video. Using Touchcode Technology from T+ink, readers can use their smart phone to unlock exclusive content housed on the Machinima Network. The graphic novels will debut around New York Comic-Con in early October. 451 will be offering fans a sneak peak of the content, along with additional information and promotions, beginning this summer on Machinima.
The lineup of creators for 451’s graphic novels includes:
- Scott Rosenberg (Con Air, High Fidelity, Gone in Sixty Seconds)
- Skip Woods (Wolverine, Hitman, A Good Day to Die Hard)
- George Pelecanos (The Wire, The Pacific, Treme)
- Mark Mallouk (Black Mass)
- Clay McLeod Chapman (The Boy, The Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Edge of Spider-Verse)
- Peter and Paul Williams (vfx for Avatar, The Avengers, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, King Kong, I Robot, District 9)
How Touchcode Technology Works: A special ink used in the printing process of graphic novels published by 451 will instantly unlock access to exclusive content on users’ touch-screen enabled mobile and tablet devices. In this instance, 451 digital content will be accessible via a dedicated mobile application.
For more information on 451 Media Group, check out their website.