It was announced in 2012 that Wes Craven’s Coming Of Rage was coming to a comic store as a graphic novel.
Instead it was released in 2014 as a digital comic, written by Steve Niles and drawn by Francesco Biagini, from Liquid Comics.
The intent was to develop the story as a film. That didn’t happen either.
But 3 years later, in Octoer 2015, We Craven’s Coming Of Rage will see print as a monthly comic book from Liquid Comics.
From horror icon Wes Craven, director of Scream and Nightmare On Elm Street comes his first comic book series. Wes Craven writes the series with Steve Niles, bringing two horror masters together for the first time. Says Craven: “About a year ago I had the beginning of an unwritten joke come into my head: A Vampire, a Werewolf and a Zombie walk into a bar… Just that. My imagination went crazy thinking about what could happen when three such impossibly different characters were thrown together. I met with comic book legend Steve Niles. We hit it off, and decided to work out the story of a very special young man’s coming of age, and the two unlikely friends who helped him to survive it. After a bit of hard, fun work, a series of comic books were born, telling the story of how these three ended up on the run together, and how the central character, Ritchie, lost his innocence and became one of the most powerful vampires in the world.”
- Comixology Bestseller List, 19th October 2018 – The Crossover-Then-New-Writer Paradigm - October 19, 2018
- Spider-Man, Who?? The Psychology of Marvel Comics Vs. the Movies - October 19, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Lenticular, Foil and Black Bags - October 19, 2018
- Erik Burnham’s Writer’s Commentary on Red Sonja #22 - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Liquidates Hardcovers to Comic Stores - October 19, 2018