One of those stories you only really pick up on at the show floor of San Diego Comic Con. I bumoed into Chuck Rozanski of Mile High Comics who, last year, announced he was quitting the show becaue of all the exclusive big item ticket sales at the show that, as he saw it, sucked the money out from everyone else.
Well, if you can’t beat them, join them. Of late, Mile High Comics has been, with Marvel, creating a series of variant covers for all the Star Wars books, spending as Chuck told me $150,000. But he has also had $150,000 revenue from them. So as of toay, he has broken even.
It is likely that San Diego Comic Con will change that…
He also spent $50,000 on the extra print copies of the Star Wars titles, sometimes a thousand of each, theorising these would be harder to find for true collectors. And he has them all out on display tp, something I haven’t seen anywhere else here either.
I’ll check in with him at the end of the show to see if it was boom or bust…
- Who Will Be the First to Cosplay as Batman: Damned’s Homestuck Girl? - September 19, 2018
- Meet Xandra – the Daughter of Professor X and Lilandra Neramani - September 19, 2018
- How The First Page of Batman: Damned #1 Does Killing Joke, Dark Knight and Arkham Asylum In One - September 19, 2018
- Rick & Morty Return to the Cronenberg Dimension in Oni Press’ December 2018 Solicits - September 19, 2018
- Comedy Central’s #CancelSouthPark Ads Come to DC Comics - September 19, 2018