On Thursday night, Daredevil star Charlie Cox was honored at the 19th Annual Helen Keller Achievement Awards held by the American Foundation for the Blind. Cox received an award for his portrayal of blind attorney Matt Murdock who is also the costumed vigilante Daredevil.
During his acceptance speech, Cox had this to say:
Since the show has been released, I’ve had a great number of emails and letters from people in the blind community experiencing degrees of vision loss. I had one particular stranger in London who was understandably stressed by her decreased vision. The woman, he said, was more concerned with losing her independence than losing her vision. I remember thinking that that is actually far away from the truth. Based on the experience that I’ve had on the show and being so amazed by the amount of tools and the support and education … that is not the case.
Marvel’s Daredevil has proven a hit for Netflix as the first of a multi-character deal with Marvel that includes series for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders. A second season of Daredevil is already underway and will introduce the character of Frank Castle / The Punisher as played by Jon Bernthal.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018