Bleeding Cool has already told you that Jeff Lemire will be the new head writer on the X-Men titles after Secret Wars. That was a pretty well sourced leak…
This is less so well sourced, though there is a strong narrative to it. I’d just have to trust someone who I haven’t talked to before. But the pieces fit together. If Lemire is a “green” traffic light, this is definitely an “amber” with a tinge of the red..
But the word is that one of the new artists working with Lemire on the X-Men books will be Ken Lashley.
Recently of the Secret Six relaunch with Gail Simone at DC Comic book, that book was late, resolicited and rescheduled without Lashley as the artist.
Could the draw of the X-Men be why?
We look forward to finding out at San Diego Comic Con. Hmm, I should start putting together one of those Rumour Checklists….
Marvel execs gave me a “no comment” – though you should never read anything into that. But for now, here’s a previous X-Men illustration by Lashley just to get you in the potential mood.
- Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for March 2019 Includes Invisible Kingdom, Hellboy: The Art of the Motion Picture and the Elfen Lied Omnibus - December 18, 2018
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018