Bleeding Cool has already told you that Jeff Lemire will be the new head writer on the X-Men titles after Secret Wars. That was a pretty well sourced leak…
This is less so well sourced, though there is a strong narrative to it. I’d just have to trust someone who I haven’t talked to before. But the pieces fit together. If Lemire is a “green” traffic light, this is definitely an “amber” with a tinge of the red..
But the word is that one of the new artists working with Lemire on the X-Men books will be Ken Lashley.
Recently of the Secret Six relaunch with Gail Simone at DC Comic book, that book was late, resolicited and rescheduled without Lashley as the artist.
Could the draw of the X-Men be why?
We look forward to finding out at San Diego Comic Con. Hmm, I should start putting together one of those Rumour Checklists….
Marvel execs gave me a “no comment” – though you should never read anything into that. But for now, here’s a previous X-Men illustration by Lashley just to get you in the potential mood.
- Jason Aaron and Sara Pichelli’s Avengers for Free Comic Book Day 2018 - February 21, 2018
- All the Image Expo 2018 Announcements and All the Art in One Place - February 21, 2018
- Sam and Twitch Get a New Comic, True Detectives, at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Confirmed: Image Comics Will Publish All the Millarworld Netflix Comics Too - February 21, 2018
- Gerry Duggan and John McCrea’s Dead Rabbit from #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018