One of the most surprising things about the Fallout 4 reveal was that the game actually has a lot of vibrancy about it. Fallout 3 was almost iconic in its drab, brown and grey colour pallet.
Fallout 4 on the other hand has a real sense of colour and vibrancy about it. Game director Todd Howard, took to the Bethesda stage yesterday and talked about this. Via GameSpot, he said:
If we make a world that has, not just more details, but more dynamic details that we can keep track of and stream in and load quicker, all of that suspends your disbelief that this is a real world. The graphics matter, they do matter in suspending your disbelief.
Looking back at Fallout 3, there is a sameness to the environment. It can be, if you’re playing the game for an eight-hour stretch, a little depressing
It is good to see the Bethesda chose to add more colour to this world. Just because it is the end of the world doesn’t mean it has to be so depressing.
- Hitman 2 Will Receive Updated Versions of Every Map From the First Game as DLC - August 20, 2018
- Windjammers 2 has Been Announced… No, Really - August 20, 2018
- Ubisoft and Elijah Woods’ Transference Releases Next Month - August 20, 2018
- Blizzard Says Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch is Possible - August 17, 2018
- Dontnod Entertainment’s Vampyr Optioned for TV Series - August 17, 2018