One of the most surprising things about the Fallout 4 reveal was that the game actually has a lot of vibrancy about it. Fallout 3 was almost iconic in its drab, brown and grey colour pallet.
Fallout 4 on the other hand has a real sense of colour and vibrancy about it. Game director Todd Howard, took to the Bethesda stage yesterday and talked about this. Via GameSpot, he said:
If we make a world that has, not just more details, but more dynamic details that we can keep track of and stream in and load quicker, all of that suspends your disbelief that this is a real world. The graphics matter, they do matter in suspending your disbelief.
Looking back at Fallout 3, there is a sameness to the environment. It can be, if you’re playing the game for an eight-hour stretch, a little depressing
It is good to see the Bethesda chose to add more colour to this world. Just because it is the end of the world doesn’t mean it has to be so depressing.
- EA Play Announced – and It’s Bringing the Next Battlefield and Anthem with It - February 22, 2018
- You Can Dress as Gordon Freeman in Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition if You Pre-Order - February 22, 2018
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets 10 Minutes of Footage Showing Off Boss - February 22, 2018
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Has Sold 1 Million Copies - February 22, 2018
- Warcraft 3 Patch Drops As Remaster Rumours Begin to Hot Up - February 22, 2018