Paul Levitz used to be President and Publisher of DC Comics until everything changed and his job was split among five people.
That was then.
But during his tenure, he had to deal with an event that saw the All-Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder comic by Frank Miller and Jim Lee feature seriously strong swearing that wasn’t as adequately obscured as intended. Which led to the eventual dismissal of editor Bob Schreck.
Well, tday sees the release of Paul Levitz’ new DC comic Doctor Fate.
And maybe it’s just the type face. Maybe it’s my mind. Maybe it’s just that I’m skimming the panels. But whenever the new lead mentions his now-taking cat’s name… well…
… I see something else.
It is a rather fun comic book, though. and I do love the level of Eqyptian mythology that emerges with rather entertaining side effects, such as a talking cat, or lampshading the cultural similarities to the Night At The Museum… but seriously, that comic should get a pucking font change. Or a new cat.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently preparing for their Death Sentence signing today with Martin Simmonds at 6.30pm – will you be there?
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018