So I’m not quite sure what is happening here, but it is interesting.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 has long been one of the most asked for games by a very vocal sect of fans. The original is a cult classic and when Ubisoft sort of announced a sequel in 2008, it got people real excited. The game’s original creator, Michel Ancel,was back and working on it with Ubisoft saying it was his next game.
We are now seven years removed from that event and we’ve basically heard nothing. In fact Ancel has made a lot of games since, including the revamped Raymans and is currently working on a title called Wild. Well, IGN posted an interview with Tony Key, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Ubisoft it looks like Ancel might have stepped away from the project. In the interview, he said:
So he’s a busy guy right now. But no…. He’s got things going on and I can’t really comment on his bandwidth. I know he’s very busy. We still work with him on things.
There’s just nothing to talk about right now. We don’t really have anything to say. We appreciate how much people really want it.
The curious thing though is that this interview has now been torn down from IGN’s site, suggesting maybe they got the wrong end of the stick or Ubisoft just don’t want people to know he isn’t working on the project. Hard to say.
Will this game ever see the light of day? I lean towards yes, but all this suggests we are light years away from a release.
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018
- Arkane Studios Says Dishonored is Taking a Break - August 15, 2018
- TimeSplitters Looks to Finally Be Making a Return After IP Changes Hands - August 15, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018