Indeed, this week’s rather splendid Captain America And The Mighty Avengers does seem to suggest a relaunch under a new name, post-Secret Wars. The Defenders are coming? Before the Netflix TV show of the same name, and with similar characters involved?
But Tom, let me address this rumour of yours that you are spreading. I always think it’s a good idea to address such rumours head on rather than get caught in webs of language that suggest one thing but mean another, or pick and choose the aspects to address while ignoring the main thrust.
The only reason we haven’t run rumours of new Blade and new She-Hulk comics is that we haven’t heard them. Doesn’t mean they are not there.
But it’s not like we’ve only run stories about Marvel’s decision to reduce their licensing of X-Men and remove all their licensing of Fantastic Four over issues with Fox Studios handling of those properties – even though Marvel would get 100% of those monies in question.
We’ve also run plenty of stories about X-Men plotlines, changes to characters such as Captain Marvel, Wolverine, the Thing, and series that might survive the Secret Wars such as Old Man Logan – many of which have now been confirmed by Marvel.
And the moment we hear anything about She Hulk and Blade, Tom, you’ll be the second to know if Marvel’s press folk we talk to pass it on.
But, yes, Defenders does look like a thing. And remember…
- Free Marvel 2018 Calendars Tomorrow Only Show The Classic Versions Of Characters – Including The Fantastic Four - December 12, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today With A Comic Show – Legacy, Tom King & Christmas Specials! - December 12, 2017
- After 32 Years, Comic Store Tries to Raise $1 Million to Buy Its Own Shopping Centre - December 12, 2017
- The Wicked + The Divine Fails The Mull of Kintyre Test [Annual #1 Spoilers] - December 12, 2017
- Gerard Jones’s Trial to Begin in March Next Year - December 12, 2017