By Dylan Gonzalez
Beer: Trekker Pale Ale
Brewery: Sebago Brewing Co.
Trekker was a bronze color and produced no head. It did leave behind a ring of lacing around the glass, however. It gave off of a citrusy and hoppy scent.
The beer was bitter and hoppy and featured moderate amount of malt presence. One the beer’s strength laid in its balancing between hops and malt, providing a nice drinking experience. There was some light carbonation and had a very nice, clean finish.
Trekker was a solid pale ale. It was easy drinking but had some really good flavor balancing. If you are looking for a good beer to casually enjoy, this is your pick.
What to Drink This To:
Trekker undoubtedly pairs alongside the classic sci-fi series, Star Trek. Fans of the series were originally known as Trekkies, but that branding has since been traded in for the more respectable Trekker. While I do not consider myself anywhere near the level of a Trekker, I have a lot of admiration for the series and what I have watched of it. My personally favorite of the franchise remains Next Generation. Picard has always appealed to me far more than Kirk, but without that original series, we would not have many of the beloved sci-fi series if it was not there to act as an inspiration. As the brewers at Sebago created Trekker to coincide with a journey into a great frontier, it seems only fitting to enjoy this beer with a series about exploring the final frontier.
Dylan Gonzalez happens to love beer and comic books and luckily found a place to write about both because he has no idea how to actually make money in the real world. He lives in a cave in New Jersey. Tweet him at @BeardedPickle, follow his own beer blog at http://boozegeek.tumblr.com/ or email him at email@example.com.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015