I first mentioned that Superman and Wonder Woman would become a couple in the DC Universe for real, back in May 2011. A year and a bit later, it came to pass. In the New 52 of the DC Universe, Clark and Lois were never a couple. And recently, DC Comics did this to drive them even further apart.
As Lois Lane exposed Superman’s identity to the world as a responsible journalist would, holding the powerful to account and critique, just like she used to do in the forties and fifties.
I know, I know, I’ve already had the hate mail.
But for all of those who think that this just means a hunky dory life for Superman and Wonder Woman, think again.
Today’s Convergence: Justice Society Of America #2 features an 8 page preview story ahead of June’s Superman/Wonder Woman.
Fans of the HellYeahSupermanAndWonderWoman tumblr may want to look away now. It won’t be pretty.
- Self Made Hero Brings Ramones, and Nick Cave to Comic Stores in September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- A Third Nameless City from Faith Erin Hicks in First: Second September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- As Nancy In Hell Concludes, Amigo Comics Launches Phantasmagoria in September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- DC Comics to Lose the Gloss? Colourists Take Care - June 22, 2018
- Dan Parent and Fernando Ruiz’s Die Kitty Die Gets a #0 and a #1 in Chapterhouse Solicits September 2018 - June 22, 2018