What were we doing out here…? What was the meaning of this trip? Did I actually have a big red convertible out there on the street? Was I just roaming around these Mint Hotel escalators in a drug frenzy of some kind, or had I really come out here to Las Vegas to work on a story? — Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Top Shelf will be publishing a comic adaptation of legendary journalist Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Taking on the task of bringing the genius blend of reality and fiction to the comic world is Eisner-nominated artist Troy Little (Chiaroscuro).
The original book, subtitled A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream follows Thompson analogue Raoul Duke and his attorney Dr. Gonzo go on the mother of all Vegas benders while covering a motorcycle race and crashing a drug-enforcement convention… all while high as a kite.
The graphic novel is scheduled for release October 2015 from Top Shelf and IDW Publishing.
- Costume Department Logo Hints at Villain for Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3 - May 25, 2018
- Emily Bett Rickards Talks the Future for Felicity Smoak in Arrow Season 7 - May 25, 2018
- Dynamite Collects Red Sonja Stories from The Savage Sword of Conan - May 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018
- Read Warlords of Mars #1 with the J. Scott Campbell Cover that Inspired the Dejah Thoris Statue - May 24, 2018