What were we doing out here…? What was the meaning of this trip? Did I actually have a big red convertible out there on the street? Was I just roaming around these Mint Hotel escalators in a drug frenzy of some kind, or had I really come out here to Las Vegas to work on a story? — Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Top Shelf will be publishing a comic adaptation of legendary journalist Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Taking on the task of bringing the genius blend of reality and fiction to the comic world is Eisner-nominated artist Troy Little (Chiaroscuro).
The original book, subtitled A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream follows Thompson analogue Raoul Duke and his attorney Dr. Gonzo go on the mother of all Vegas benders while covering a motorcycle race and crashing a drug-enforcement convention… all while high as a kite.
The graphic novel is scheduled for release October 2015 from Top Shelf and IDW Publishing.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Cincinnati Bengals - February 21, 2018
- J.H. Williams and Haden Blackman Reteam for Echo Lands #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Crowded, a Kickstarter for Assassins, Chris Sebela and Ted Brandt’s New Image Series - February 21, 2018
- Image Comics Expo 2018: Rob Guillory to Write and Draw ‘Farmhand’ - February 21, 2018
- Image Expo 2018: Rick Remender Unveils Death and Glory - February 21, 2018