The Witcher: Wild Hunt only just came out, so people are still very much making their way through the monumental game. I know I am, and after a few hours of toiling away in the world, it feels like it might finally be sweeping me up.
However, for some the focus is already shifting to CD Projekt RED’s next game, Cyberpunk 2077. We’ve known for a long time that the game was going to be the developer’s follow up to The Witcher 3, but the developer is further off still from even talking about the game. In an interview with Reuters, when pushed to talk about the next title CD Projekt CEO Adam Kicinski hinted that we wouldn’t even hear from the game until 2017:
We hope and we are certain that Cyberpunk has even bigger commercial potential. It is too early to talk about it, though. This year, and the next one will be the years of the Witcher
The idea of a Witcher-like, Blade Runner-inspired game is certainly exciting. I can’t wait to hear more. Although, you really have to wonder, why was this game announced so early?
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018
- Battlefield V Will Not Feature Any Lootboxes - May 24, 2018
- As a Fan, I Have No Desire to Play Destiny 2 Right Now – and That’s Fine - May 23, 2018