The Witcher: Wild Hunt only just came out, so people are still very much making their way through the monumental game. I know I am, and after a few hours of toiling away in the world, it feels like it might finally be sweeping me up.
However, for some the focus is already shifting to CD Projekt RED’s next game, Cyberpunk 2077. We’ve known for a long time that the game was going to be the developer’s follow up to The Witcher 3, but the developer is further off still from even talking about the game. In an interview with Reuters, when pushed to talk about the next title CD Projekt CEO Adam Kicinski hinted that we wouldn’t even hear from the game until 2017:
We hope and we are certain that Cyberpunk has even bigger commercial potential. It is too early to talk about it, though. This year, and the next one will be the years of the Witcher
The idea of a Witcher-like, Blade Runner-inspired game is certainly exciting. I can’t wait to hear more. Although, you really have to wonder, why was this game announced so early?
- Metal Gear Survive Gets a Hyperactive Trailer Preparing for This Week’s Launch - February 20, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege Operation Chimera Is Now Live on Test Servers - February 20, 2018
- The Darwin Project Is Getting An Open Beta This Weekend - February 20, 2018
- Doom Now Supports Motion Controls on the Nintendo Switch - February 20, 2018
- Vermintide Gets Free DLC to Set Up Upcoming Sequel - February 20, 2018