The Witcher: Wild Hunt only just came out, so people are still very much making their way through the monumental game. I know I am, and after a few hours of toiling away in the world, it feels like it might finally be sweeping me up.
However, for some the focus is already shifting to CD Projekt RED’s next game, Cyberpunk 2077. We’ve known for a long time that the game was going to be the developer’s follow up to The Witcher 3, but the developer is further off still from even talking about the game. In an interview with Reuters, when pushed to talk about the next title CD Projekt CEO Adam Kicinski hinted that we wouldn’t even hear from the game until 2017:
We hope and we are certain that Cyberpunk has even bigger commercial potential. It is too early to talk about it, though. This year, and the next one will be the years of the Witcher
The idea of a Witcher-like, Blade Runner-inspired game is certainly exciting. I can’t wait to hear more. Although, you really have to wonder, why was this game announced so early?
- Bethesda Says Future Games Could Come to Steam Despite Fallout 76 Skipping Platform - August 14, 2018
- Sumo Digital has Bought The Chinese Room – Game in More Traditional Genre Coming - August 14, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege is Getting a Free Weekend This Week - August 13, 2018
- Quake Champions has Gone Free-to-Play Permanently - August 10, 2018
- Doom Eternal Gets its Gameplay Reveal Showcasing Demon Crushing Action - August 10, 2018