Marvel has registered the trademark Timely Comics for “Comic books; printed periodicals in the field of comic book stories and artwork, education, entertainment, and online services, and downloadable electronic publications.”
Timely Publishing was established in 1939 by Martin and Abraham Goodman to pubish new comic books, with Marvel Comics #1 before it changed names to Timely Comics in 1941.
It would be deacdes before it would be known as Marvel Comics.
But now the Disney-owned publisher has trademarked the name. Ahead of a new planned publishing line perhaps? Something a bit… classy? For Spring 2016 and 75 years?
We look forward to funding out at the appropriate juncture.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: The Ghost Monument - October 14, 2018
- Almost A Thousand Cosplay Photos From New York Comic Con 2018 - October 14, 2018
- Preview of Next Week’s Doctor Who, Rosa Parks, and New TARDIS - October 14, 2018
- Carol Danvers’ New Origin This Week Includes Her Real Name - October 14, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Remembering Norm Breyfogle - October 14, 2018