Peter S. Svensson writes for Bleeding Cool
San Jose is about to be overwhelmed with Comic Cons. Wizard World San Jose is going to be held September 4th-5th. The Alternative Press Expo, now run by Dan Vado and SLG Publishing, will be held October 3rd-4th. This weekend is Big Wow Comic Fest, (formerly known as Super-Con before some other convention in Florida took the name) which has some of the best guest to attendee ratio for a local convention.
But on the eve of Big Wow, an announcement has been made. Steve Wozniak, co-founder of a little company you may have heard of called Apple, has announced that in collaboration with Stan Lee, he’s going to be running a new convention in San Jose March 19-20th. Silicon Valley Comic Con has also acquired Big Wow as a subsidiary convention, and will be promoting the new event at the convention starting tomorrow.
Stan Lee’s name, while seemingly attached to this endeavor solely to provide geek cred, goes imply that the Man himself will be a guest of honor, but that remains to be seen.
The announcement can be found here.
Almost makes up for losing WonderCon to SoCal. Almost.
Peter S. Svensson has recently concluded five years managing a comic shop in San Jose, and continues to look for new opportunities in the industry.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015