I am told to expect official news about this in the next week or so. But the word is out. The Canadian comic book convention company Fan Expo has added MegaCon to its list of shows.
Fan Expo, owned by Informa Canada, also recently bought Dallas Comic Con, and this seems a continuation of that expansion.
MegaCon is run early in the year from Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, and has run since 1993. Bought in 1999 by local comics publisher CrossGen, it was then bought again by the show’s manager Elizabeth Widera.
The next Megacon runs on the weekend of April 10th.
- September’s Vegas Fan Fusion Cancelled by Square Egg - August 20, 2018
- Mayo “SEN” Naito to Create Back-Up Strip in New Shazam Comic - August 20, 2018
- Frank Quitely Returns to DC Comics for The Green Lantern Variant Covers - August 20, 2018
- It’s Superman vs. Dr Manhattan in November’s Doomsday Clock - August 20, 2018
- The Return of Suicide Squad: Black Files – With or Without Doctor Endless? - August 20, 2018