I am told to expect official news about this in the next week or so. But the word is out. The Canadian comic book convention company Fan Expo has added MegaCon to its list of shows.
Fan Expo, owned by Informa Canada, also recently bought Dallas Comic Con, and this seems a continuation of that expansion.
MegaCon is run early in the year from Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, and has run since 1993. Bought in 1999 by local comics publisher CrossGen, it was then bought again by the show’s manager Elizabeth Widera.
The next Megacon runs on the weekend of April 10th.
- Report: 63% Of Comics Bought By Men, 37% By Women - October 20, 2017
- God Complex #1, Maestros #1, Family Trade #1, And Realm #2 Go To Second Printings From Image Comics - October 20, 2017
- Calgary Expo Confirms They Are Now Part Of Fan Expo HQ Shows - October 20, 2017
- Are You On The Fence? C.S. Pacat Makes The Case For Her First Comic Book - October 20, 2017
- How To Get Your Copy Of The Comic Industry All-Star ‘The Spirit Of Eisner’ Newspaper - October 20, 2017