Maxima was a Superman character created by Roger Stern and George Pérez.
Originally she was created as a warrior alien princess insistent on finding a mate on Earth, with Superman in her sights, and repeated unsuccessful attempts to woo him.
She was reintroduced to the New 52 DC Universe relatively, as a student of cosmic academy The Crucible but her motivations and experience seem very different.
And she is escaping her culture’s demands for her to find a mate, instead, at home or abroad.
K Perkins, current author of Supergirl, which published its final issue last week, wrote writes,
issue #40 is out & the the book is coming to an end – but really happy i got to have this moment. there needs to be more characters of diverse backgrounds, including LGBT ones, in mainstream media. (out &) proud to be a part of positive social change AND a f—ing awesome team that’s pushing us forward with epic storytelling, phenomenal
That moment would be this one.
And while Supergirl is ending, odds are Maxima will find a way back soon…
- Rags #1 3rd Printing, Punchline #1 2nd Printing from Antarctic Press - December 10, 2018
- Joe Illidge, No Longer Executive Editor at Valiant Entertainment (UPDATED) - December 10, 2018
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Vancouver’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018