Traditionally, ashcan comics were small print runs, often lacking in production values, colour, or size and published in order to secure copyright or trademark interests. In the nineties they were issued to promote upcoming titles with certain ashcans becoming highly collectible. When the speculator boom busted, they went away.
Well, now they’re back. And especially for Fight Club 2, may become just as collectible.
Is this a one off? Or an ongoing promotional plan for Dark Horse? And will others jump on board too?
Also, is it just me, or is Archie Vs. Predator going to overshadow the Archie #1 relaunch a little?
- What is This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About Anyway? – Part Two - October 16, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 16th October 2018 – The Colbert Retort - October 16, 2018
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018