Traditionally, ashcan comics were small print runs, often lacking in production values, colour, or size and published in order to secure copyright or trademark interests. In the nineties they were issued to promote upcoming titles with certain ashcans becoming highly collectible. When the speculator boom busted, they went away.
Well, now they’re back. And especially for Fight Club 2, may become just as collectible.
Is this a one off? Or an ongoing promotional plan for Dark Horse? And will others jump on board too?
Also, is it just me, or is Archie Vs. Predator going to overshadow the Archie #1 relaunch a little?
- A Comic Show: Black Panthers in Space… - May 23, 2018
- When Wyatt Cenac and Dean Haspiel Created Thorgood - May 23, 2018
- Welcome to the Latest Members of DC Comics’ Superman and Batman Families (Super Sons #16 Spoilers) - May 23, 2018
- OBLIV18N by Netflix Punisher’s Ken Kristensen in Scout Comics August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018
- Walking Dead Day Announced For October 13th, With Retailer Exclusive Variants Of #1 - May 23, 2018