Traditionally, ashcan comics were small print runs, often lacking in production values, colour, or size and published in order to secure copyright or trademark interests. In the nineties they were issued to promote upcoming titles with certain ashcans becoming highly collectible. When the speculator boom busted, they went away.
Well, now they’re back. And especially for Fight Club 2, may become just as collectible.
Is this a one off? Or an ongoing promotional plan for Dark Horse? And will others jump on board too?
Also, is it just me, or is Archie Vs. Predator going to overshadow the Archie #1 relaunch a little?
- Marvel Comics Liquidates the Retailer Liquidation List: Almost 1000 Titles Must Go - December 16, 2017
- Could We Get an Exclusive Star Wars Comic Featuring Rey in This Month’s Loot Crate? - December 16, 2017
- I Like Bi Books and I Cannot Lie: Elizabeth Beier’s Trials and Errors - December 16, 2017
- Shonen Magazine to Run “Marvel Manga Awards” to Recruit Japanese Marvel Talent - December 16, 2017
- A New Age of Comics Begins in Albuquerque, New Mexico - December 16, 2017