Traditionally, ashcan comics were small print runs, often lacking in production values, colour, or size and published in order to secure copyright or trademark interests. In the nineties they were issued to promote upcoming titles with certain ashcans becoming highly collectible. When the speculator boom busted, they went away.
Well, now they’re back. And especially for Fight Club 2, may become just as collectible.
Is this a one off? Or an ongoing promotional plan for Dark Horse? And will others jump on board too?
Also, is it just me, or is Archie Vs. Predator going to overshadow the Archie #1 relaunch a little?
- Forty Minutes of Alita: Battle Angel to be IMAX-Sized - December 11, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credit Scene in Aquaman? (No Spoilers) - December 11, 2018
- Aquaman Review: A Superhero Movie Without Any Depth [Spoiler Free, Ish] - December 11, 2018
- Jean-Marc Lofficier’s Writer’s Commentary on the Barbarella Holiday Special - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About ‘Spider-Man No More’ Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018