I’m a big fan of Telltale’s formula, Gone Home and Kentucky Route Zero. Each offers something unique and provides exciting ways to consider what games can be.
This new game Oxenfree seems to be melding them all together and adding a dash of horror. That gets me excited. The story seems to focus on a group of friends heading out to a camp site, before things eventually turn spooky. The art style is pretty charming and I’m already onboard to see what the game has going on under the hood.
Oxenfree comes from Night School Studios, an independent studio made up of former Telltale and Disney employees. The game is set for 2015, but no platforms have been committed to yet.
To whet your appetite, take a look at the trailer.
- Valve Say They Have Three Full VR Games In The Works - February 10, 2017
- Roadhog’s Hook Is Getting A Small Nerf And Winston Will Be Harder To Kill In New Overwatch PTR Patch - February 10, 2017
- Project Cars 2 Most Likely Won’t Be Coming To Nintendo Switch - February 10, 2017
- These Halo Wars 2 Adverts Harken Back To When Video Game Commercials Were Good Fun - February 9, 2017
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Is Coming To Retail Later This Month; Episode 3 Soon After - February 9, 2017