I’m a big fan of Telltale’s formula, Gone Home and Kentucky Route Zero. Each offers something unique and provides exciting ways to consider what games can be.
This new game Oxenfree seems to be melding them all together and adding a dash of horror. That gets me excited. The story seems to focus on a group of friends heading out to a camp site, before things eventually turn spooky. The art style is pretty charming and I’m already onboard to see what the game has going on under the hood.
Oxenfree comes from Night School Studios, an independent studio made up of former Telltale and Disney employees. The game is set for 2015, but no platforms have been committed to yet.
To whet your appetite, take a look at the trailer.
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018
- Destiny 2 is Under-Performing Says Activision - November 9, 2018
- Overwatch League Officially Unveils Paris and Guangzhou Teams - November 9, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 has Shipped 17 Million Copies in 8 Days - November 8, 2018
- Warcraft 4 is not Currently Being Worked On Says Blizzard - November 7, 2018