I’m a big fan of Telltale’s formula, Gone Home and Kentucky Route Zero. Each offers something unique and provides exciting ways to consider what games can be.
This new game Oxenfree seems to be melding them all together and adding a dash of horror. That gets me excited. The story seems to focus on a group of friends heading out to a camp site, before things eventually turn spooky. The art style is pretty charming and I’m already onboard to see what the game has going on under the hood.
Oxenfree comes from Night School Studios, an independent studio made up of former Telltale and Disney employees. The game is set for 2015, but no platforms have been committed to yet.
To whet your appetite, take a look at the trailer.
- Halo Infinite Won’t Have a Battle Royale Mode - July 20, 2018
- Todd Howard Doesn’t Want to Remaster Morrowind - July 20, 2018
- Microsoft Controls Whether Alan Wake and Quantum Break Get Sequels, Says Remedy - July 18, 2018
- Base Game and Previous Expansions Now Part of World of Warcraft’s Subscription - July 18, 2018
- Destiny 2 Adds Bounties Back into the Game Alongside Other Improvements in New Patch - July 18, 2018