I’m a big fan of Telltale’s formula, Gone Home and Kentucky Route Zero. Each offers something unique and provides exciting ways to consider what games can be.
This new game Oxenfree seems to be melding them all together and adding a dash of horror. That gets me excited. The story seems to focus on a group of friends heading out to a camp site, before things eventually turn spooky. The art style is pretty charming and I’m already onboard to see what the game has going on under the hood.
Oxenfree comes from Night School Studios, an independent studio made up of former Telltale and Disney employees. The game is set for 2015, but no platforms have been committed to yet.
To whet your appetite, take a look at the trailer.
- If You Are Thinking About Buying Watch Dogs 2, You Can Now Try It Out For Three Hours For Free - January 17, 2017
- Vincent D’Onofrio Says We Probably Won’t Ever See Kingpin In A Marvel Movie - January 17, 2017
- Gabe Newell Is Taking Part In A Reddit AMA Today – Half Life 3 Will Be On Lips Of Askers - January 17, 2017
- It’s All Out War In The DC Universe With The Injustice 2 Story Trailer - January 17, 2017
- Gearbox Head Says We Probably Shouldn’t Expect Borderlands 3 On The Nintendo Switch - January 16, 2017