Last year it was reported that Jerry Bruckheimer was to produce a TV adaptation based on the DC comic book Global Frequency, originally written by Warren Ellis. Ellis was to executive produce, along with Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Rockne S. O’Bannon with KristieAnne Reed as co-executive producer.
The comic had already had one TV pilot made ten years ago, which leaked online to much acclaim, but killing the project in the process
Well, this time all it took was the script.
Though Global Frequency had a pilot production commitment at Fox, I am told by Fox sources that as a result of the script by O’Bannon, creator of Farscape and Defiance and the man most responsible for the Constantine TV show, having “bombed” internally at Fox, right now the project is as dead as a cybernetically enhanced zombie dodo.
Even though a series about a crowd-sourced response to global crime couldn’t be more relevant, I understand that as of today, the frequency has been lost… But it’s always possibly they’ll try and tune in again later in the year.
- The Works Of William Hogarth on the Walls Of Blacks Club in London - November 15, 2018
- Will There Even Be an Uncanny X-Men Comic After #11? - November 15, 2018
- 11 Revealed DC Comics Covers for December by Jenny Frison, Adam Hughes, Stjepan Šejić and More - November 15, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Detective Comics Before Batman and Alex Ross Hardcovers - November 15, 2018
- AfterShock to Publish Ryan Parrott and Charles Pritchett’s Oberon in February 2019 - November 15, 2018