Last week, we reported on Michael Pearson, a man recruiting artists to draw comic book art for him, by faking approval letters from Dark Horse Comic editors.
But how did it all go down?
Artist Michael Lawler got in touch.
My name is Mike Lawler and I was one of the people duped in the most recent round of advertisements of his scam. He was posting on Penciljack.com’s forums with the same song and dance as the others. What makes my case different, is that I actually reached out and contacted Daniel Chabon at Dark Horse. He was completely unaware of the scam and I forwarded all of the communications including links to the 7 pages I had drawn on this phoney project. I was able to obtain Pearson’s phone number as well and all of that information has been forwarded to Dark Horse’s legal department. As far as I know they plan on pursuing legal action.
I understand Dark Horse have forwarded all the details they have to the FBI. If anyone else out there has been conned by Michael Pearson, it might be an idea to get in touch.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017