We’ve been talking about DC Comics upcoming slate of comics designed to help the move between New York and Burbank go as smoothly as possible, as most editors leave the publisher, some move, and a whole bunch of new editors are trained up.
Which is why forty-eight comics over two months will be prepared in advance to cover the gap. Which is why we nick-named it The Band-Aid. Which even made its way into official memos.
Some people say it’s officially called The Blood Moon. But it’s not. It’s called Convergence and here is everything we’ve been able to work out so far.
In April/May we will get Twenty two-shot comics, issues 1 and 2, with a weekly comic running through its spine, totalling around fifty comic books over two months.
The comics are edited by Dan DiDio and ex-Marvel editor Marie Javins.
The comics will see combat between multidimensional alternate characters, including those from the pre-52, but none from the New 52.
Creators rumoured to be working on books include Tim Truman, Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Grey, Scott Lobdell, Fabian Nicieza, David Gallaher, Adam Beechen, Larry Hama, Marv Wolfman, Dan Abnett, Len Wein and Jeff Parker.
It will come as a result of the Brainiac gathering “Bottle Earths” on a world, each containing a city from a different multiversal Earth, as seen on the Multiversity Map.
And it’s called Convergence. We hear it in the same way Peter Griffin says “Roadhouse”.
- Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto Relaunch Daredevil #1 in February - November 15, 2018
- Second Printings For Uncanny X-Men, Avengers, Daredevil, Venom, Spider-Geddon, Wolverine, Fantastic Four - November 15, 2018
- The Works Of William Hogarth on the Walls Of Blacks Club in London - November 15, 2018
- Will There Even Be an Uncanny X-Men Comic After #11? - November 15, 2018
- 11 Revealed DC Comics Covers for December by Jenny Frison, Adam Hughes, Stjepan Šejić and More - November 15, 2018