IDW Publishing is collecting together the historic comic series created, written and illustrated by artist/writer/editor Al Feldstein prior to going to work for E.C. Comics. The Complete Junior and Sunny collects the series that ran from 1947 to 1948 and is described as: a young Betty Page type meeting up with a 1940’s typical-teenage type like Archie.
Considered prime examples of the 1940’s ‘headlight’ or ‘Good Girl’ art, issues of Junior and Sunny have been very difficult to obtain in the past. Along with the complete collection, the book includes an in-depth introduction by Grant Geissman and an issue of Meet Corliss Archer that Feldstein did for Fox Feature Publications.
“Although the stories are basically charming, ‘typical teenage’ period pieces, Feldstein’s artwork for them often pushes the envelope for the time,” says Geissman. “With titillating covers and often-suggestive images in the stories themselves, it’s probably a good thing that Dr. Fredric Wertham never found out about Junior and Sunny!” Seduction of the innocent, indeed!
Look for the complete collection this December!
- Crisis On Earth-X: Two More Bad Guys Appear On New Poster - November 21, 2017
- Unboxing November’s Friday The 13th-Themed Box Of Dread - November 21, 2017
- Ash Williams Meets Gene Simmons In New KISS/Army Of Darkness From Dynamite - November 21, 2017
- Dent And Berkenkotter Reunite For Myopia: Rise Of The Domes - November 21, 2017
- Declan Shalvey And PJ Holden Are Doing A James Bond: M One-Shot - November 21, 2017