Baltimore Comic-Con is coming up this weekend from September 6-8th, and in their yearly offering of a yearbook featuring the work of their exhibiting comics creators, they’re going the extra mile this year by donating a portion of the proceeds from the yearbook to a support fund for Seth Kushner’s battle with leukemia. Seth is the pop culture photographer behind Leaping Tall Buildings and comics writer on Schmuck who has long been a supporter of the comics-creator driven con.
The theme for the yearbook for 2014 is Matt Wagner’s Grendel and supporting characters, and Baltimore Comic-Con will also be hosting The BCC Yearbook: Grendel Original Art auction on September 6th at 5PM to support Seth’s treatment. You can also help Seth Kushner by donating here.
Seth Kushner initially donated his own Grendel sketch to the con, drawn from his hospital room while battling leukemia:
The Baltimore Comic-Con’s Yearbook returns in 2014, celebrating the creators appearing at the show taking place Friday, September 5th through Sunday, September 7th, 2014. This book of art features interpretations of characters from Matt Wagner’s Grendel, sometimes in conjunction with their own creations, in a celebration of creator-owned properties. Beautifully designed by returning guest and Love and Capes creator Thom Zahler, the book comes in a standard and, for VIP ticketholders, a limited VIP cover edition.
Once again, our popular scavenger hunt returns in 2014! When you buy the book, you’ll get a list of our 48 Yearbook contributors and their table numbers. If you succeed in your hunt, you can get your choice of bonus prints!
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015