Marvel Comics usually registers trademarks to protect TV and film rights rather than comic book rights, unless there’s a specific threat. Which is why its trademark registry is full of Age Of Ultron, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon, Agent Carter, Big Hero 6 and Registered Gifted right now.
Oh, and Squirrel Girl.
Created by Spider-Man co-creator, Steve Ditko, she has becme a fan favourite of later after being championed by Dan Slott – and then kidnapped by Brian Bendis as an ex-lover of Wolverine, and superpowered babysitter for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
Could it be that the character will appear in the Jessica Jones Netflix show? That would be my bet…
Although maybe Marvel’s Catherine Bridge might be a little concerned that she seems to have trademarked Rocket Raccoon with the wrong spelling…
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017
- Second Printings For Generation Gone, Generations: Hulks, Snotgirl, Shirtless Bear Fighter, And Edge Of Venomverse - July 27, 2017
- Mark Buckingham And Steve Rude Replace Nick Bradshaw And Klaus Janson On ‘Manhunter Vs Sandman’ - July 27, 2017
- What Else Can You Find In That Marvel Book Previews Catalogue For Early 2018? - July 27, 2017
- A Few DC Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen For August, From Cho To Portacio To Albuquerque - July 27, 2017