Marvel Comics usually registers trademarks to protect TV and film rights rather than comic book rights, unless there’s a specific threat. Which is why its trademark registry is full of Age Of Ultron, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon, Agent Carter, Big Hero 6 and Registered Gifted right now.
Oh, and Squirrel Girl.
Created by Spider-Man co-creator, Steve Ditko, she has becme a fan favourite of later after being championed by Dan Slott – and then kidnapped by Brian Bendis as an ex-lover of Wolverine, and superpowered babysitter for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
Could it be that the character will appear in the Jessica Jones Netflix show? That would be my bet…
Although maybe Marvel’s Catherine Bridge might be a little concerned that she seems to have trademarked Rocket Raccoon with the wrong spelling…
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017