Marvel Comics usually registers trademarks to protect TV and film rights rather than comic book rights, unless there’s a specific threat. Which is why its trademark registry is full of Age Of Ultron, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon, Agent Carter, Big Hero 6 and Registered Gifted right now.
Oh, and Squirrel Girl.
Created by Spider-Man co-creator, Steve Ditko, she has becme a fan favourite of later after being championed by Dan Slott – and then kidnapped by Brian Bendis as an ex-lover of Wolverine, and superpowered babysitter for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
Could it be that the character will appear in the Jessica Jones Netflix show? That would be my bet…
Although maybe Marvel’s Catherine Bridge might be a little concerned that she seems to have trademarked Rocket Raccoon with the wrong spelling…
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018