Marvel Comics usually registers trademarks to protect TV and film rights rather than comic book rights, unless there’s a specific threat. Which is why its trademark registry is full of Age Of Ultron, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon, Agent Carter, Big Hero 6 and Registered Gifted right now.
Oh, and Squirrel Girl.
Created by Spider-Man co-creator, Steve Ditko, she has becme a fan favourite of later after being championed by Dan Slott – and then kidnapped by Brian Bendis as an ex-lover of Wolverine, and superpowered babysitter for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
Could it be that the character will appear in the Jessica Jones Netflix show? That would be my bet…
Although maybe Marvel’s Catherine Bridge might be a little concerned that she seems to have trademarked Rocket Raccoon with the wrong spelling…
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017