Marvel Comics usually registers trademarks to protect TV and film rights rather than comic book rights, unless there’s a specific threat. Which is why its trademark registry is full of Age Of Ultron, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon, Agent Carter, Big Hero 6 and Registered Gifted right now.
Oh, and Squirrel Girl.
Created by Spider-Man co-creator, Steve Ditko, she has becme a fan favourite of later after being championed by Dan Slott – and then kidnapped by Brian Bendis as an ex-lover of Wolverine, and superpowered babysitter for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
Could it be that the character will appear in the Jessica Jones Netflix show? That would be my bet…
Although maybe Marvel’s Catherine Bridge might be a little concerned that she seems to have trademarked Rocket Raccoon with the wrong spelling…
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Dave Sim Creates Nick Calm, Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. - May 24, 2018
- Alex Paknadel and Martin Simmonds Launch Friendo in Vault’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Did Magical Girl Special Ops Asuka GN Vol. 2 Have a Red Cross Against Its Name? - May 24, 2018
- 9 Unseen DC Variant Covers for June and July – Including David Mack on Action Comics #1001 - May 24, 2018