Marvel Comics usually registers trademarks to protect TV and film rights rather than comic book rights, unless there’s a specific threat. Which is why its trademark registry is full of Age Of Ultron, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon, Agent Carter, Big Hero 6 and Registered Gifted right now.
Oh, and Squirrel Girl.
Created by Spider-Man co-creator, Steve Ditko, she has becme a fan favourite of later after being championed by Dan Slott – and then kidnapped by Brian Bendis as an ex-lover of Wolverine, and superpowered babysitter for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
Could it be that the character will appear in the Jessica Jones Netflix show? That would be my bet…
Although maybe Marvel’s Catherine Bridge might be a little concerned that she seems to have trademarked Rocket Raccoon with the wrong spelling…
- Bill Willingham Clarifies New Fantasy Comic Tease From ComicsPRO - February 20, 2017
- Everything Else They Announced At ComicsPRO – From DC’s Jack Kirby Anniversaries To Titan’s Little Nightmares - February 20, 2017
- CALEXIT – What If California Seceded From The USA? Matteo Pizzolo And Amancay Nahuelpan Put The Politics Back Into Comics - February 20, 2017
- A Few More DC Comics Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen, From Sienkiewicz To Middleton To Lupacchino To Sale - February 20, 2017
- Secret Empire Really Began In Deadpool #27, With Vital Plot Points! - February 20, 2017