Today, your favourite comic book (if you’ve already downloaded Verity Fair that is) will be Harley Quinn Invades Comic-Con International: San Diego. Or San Diego Comic Con as everyone else but the lawyers call it.
And there is so much to love under the $4.99 cover price. But not everything goes to plan. For example when this scene was created, featuring DC Comics editor Katie Kubert…
…she hadn’t announced to DC Comics that she was quitting and moving to Marvel Comics.
While also parodying and criticising his approach to micromanager editing. As if the following idea wasn’t actually a good one.
Because it’s also basically what Harley Quinn is. And right now it’s outselling Original Sin. Could this be a stealth way to announce a San Diego announcement for real, the week before?
But it’s not just DC Comics that’s up for criticism. Co-writer Jimmy Palmiotti lands a blow against another of his publishers, Marvel Comics.
Handbag! Like I said, there is plenty to love in this comic. Including when Harley meets her makers….
Yeah, run don’t walk for this comic.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics in London. With Blood And Roses about to happen…
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018