As the Wimbledon tennis season is upon us, Britain reached Andy Murray fever. Last year’s British winner of the men;s Wimbledon tournament is a national hero. And now it is his turn to shine again.
The Sunday Times obsesses on his ballet exercise regime. The BBC looks at his recent rescue of a dog on a busy road, While the Guardian reports on the ongoing spat with Virginia Wade. As England has gone out of the World Cup, so our eyes turn to out last great hope of tennis.
Which means one other thing. He’s editing an issue of the weekly kids comic, The Beano, running since 1939.
Which means appearing in it as well. And celebrating his famous temper…
In his editor’s letter, he is quoted as saying “Olympic Gold was my proudest moment; becoming the first male British Wimbledon winner for 77 years was amazing, but this might be my greatest title yet… Andy Murray – Editor of The Beano!”
Because, yes, Andy Murray is the only male winner of Wimbledon in the Beano’s long history.
Here’s a glimpse of his appearance in the Dennis The Menace strip… The Beano in on sale on Wednesday.
- Bleeding Cool’s First Cosplay Shots From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 20, 2017
- Tom King Teases ‘Dark Matter’ From DC Comics For December 2017 - July 19, 2017
- ‘Astonisher’ Begins And ‘Noble’ Returns From Catalyst Prime In October - July 19, 2017
- The Tick Takeover Experience At San Diego Comic-Con 2017: One Of The Best Off-Site Activities In Years - July 19, 2017
- Doctor Who: Topps Trading Card For The 13th Doctor Available – That Was Fast - July 19, 2017