As the Wimbledon tennis season is upon us, Britain reached Andy Murray fever. Last year’s British winner of the men;s Wimbledon tournament is a national hero. And now it is his turn to shine again.
The Sunday Times obsesses on his ballet exercise regime. The BBC looks at his recent rescue of a dog on a busy road, While the Guardian reports on the ongoing spat with Virginia Wade. As England has gone out of the World Cup, so our eyes turn to out last great hope of tennis.
Which means one other thing. He’s editing an issue of the weekly kids comic, The Beano, running since 1939.
Which means appearing in it as well. And celebrating his famous temper…
In his editor’s letter, he is quoted as saying “Olympic Gold was my proudest moment; becoming the first male British Wimbledon winner for 77 years was amazing, but this might be my greatest title yet… Andy Murray – Editor of The Beano!”
Because, yes, Andy Murray is the only male winner of Wimbledon in the Beano’s long history.
Here’s a glimpse of his appearance in the Dennis The Menace strip… The Beano in on sale on Wednesday.
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017
- Final Part Of Watchmen Crossover “The Button” In Flash #23, Is Running Late… - April 27, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish New Black And White Spawn Cover Variants As Well! - April 27, 2017
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017