As the Wimbledon tennis season is upon us, Britain reached Andy Murray fever. Last year’s British winner of the men;s Wimbledon tournament is a national hero. And now it is his turn to shine again.
The Sunday Times obsesses on his ballet exercise regime. The BBC looks at his recent rescue of a dog on a busy road, While the Guardian reports on the ongoing spat with Virginia Wade. As England has gone out of the World Cup, so our eyes turn to out last great hope of tennis.
Which means one other thing. He’s editing an issue of the weekly kids comic, The Beano, running since 1939.
Which means appearing in it as well. And celebrating his famous temper…
In his editor’s letter, he is quoted as saying “Olympic Gold was my proudest moment; becoming the first male British Wimbledon winner for 77 years was amazing, but this might be my greatest title yet… Andy Murray – Editor of The Beano!”
Because, yes, Andy Murray is the only male winner of Wimbledon in the Beano’s long history.
Here’s a glimpse of his appearance in the Dennis The Menace strip… The Beano in on sale on Wednesday.
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017