A DC Comics creator writes to Bleeding Cool about the Band-Aid project, as we have dubbed it, that will run during the publisher’s coastal relocation and created well in advance. Confirming much of what we’ve written, this is from the horse’s mouth. Or, if nothing else the horse’s stable boy.
He (and there’s your only clue, it is a he) writes,
There still seems to be confusion among editorial, and thus, creators, as to what the title and plot actually are, and it has changed several times.
The current plot might be comparable to Marvel’s Contest of Champions/Secret Wars from back in the day.
As of now, it is intended to be in-continuity and not an Elseworlds-type story.
It will feature some pre-52 characters along with New52 characters. So, apparently, the old pre-52 universe still exists somewhere, although how this is possible without invalidating Flashpoint is not clear.
As of right now, it has nothing to do with Anti-Monitor – many in editorial were surprised when Geoff Johns brought that character back. Some didn’t know about it until that issue was printed. This is not the first time they have been surprised by a plot point in his books…
Six weeks till San Diego folks!
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017
- Dynamite Launches The Sovereigns #0 With Turok, Magnus, Solar, Doctor Spektor For $1, With Ray Fawkes, Chuck Wendig, Aubrey Sitterson and Johnny Desjardins - January 24, 2017
- Full Marvel Comics Solicitations For April 2017 – Beginnings… And Endings - January 24, 2017
- Phoenix Comicon To Pay All Staff, And Give Free Passes For Those Who Miss Out - January 24, 2017
- Chapel Hill Comics In North Carolina To Close - January 24, 2017