A DC Comics creator writes to Bleeding Cool about the Band-Aid project, as we have dubbed it, that will run during the publisher’s coastal relocation and created well in advance. Confirming much of what we’ve written, this is from the horse’s mouth. Or, if nothing else the horse’s stable boy.
He (and there’s your only clue, it is a he) writes,
There still seems to be confusion among editorial, and thus, creators, as to what the title and plot actually are, and it has changed several times.
The current plot might be comparable to Marvel’s Contest of Champions/Secret Wars from back in the day.
As of now, it is intended to be in-continuity and not an Elseworlds-type story.
It will feature some pre-52 characters along with New52 characters. So, apparently, the old pre-52 universe still exists somewhere, although how this is possible without invalidating Flashpoint is not clear.
As of right now, it has nothing to do with Anti-Monitor – many in editorial were surprised when Geoff Johns brought that character back. Some didn’t know about it until that issue was printed. This is not the first time they have been surprised by a plot point in his books…
Six weeks till San Diego folks!
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018