It doesn’t have a name yet. Or not that I’ve been told at any rate. So I’m calling it the DC Band-Aid.
A large number of DC Comics being prepared in advance to run for two months in April and May 2015 to cover the move of the DC Comics offices from New York to Burbank.
It was going to be headed up by ex-Marvel Editor In Chief Tom DeFalco. But as of last week, that appears to be no longer the case.
I understand that Dan DiDio will be more directly involved. But also, so will ex-Marvel editor Marie Javins, who was previously assisting DeFalco on the project.
Javins has a long history in and out of the comics industry and is famed for having a key eye for talent. It’s quite possible her decision to hire the unknown Warren Ellis to write the Hellstorm comic at Marvel may have changed modern American comics as we know them. And she has a lot of cows…
Expect a bunch of writers assigned to a bunch of books, some familiar, some not, to help fill the gap. Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Grey, Scott Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza are four I’ve heard mentioned but I also understand that they are looking further afield and folk are still being recruited. So wait by your phone…
And if you know any more, please feel free to get in touch.
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017