It doesn’t have a name yet. Or not that I’ve been told at any rate. So I’m calling it the DC Band-Aid.
A large number of DC Comics being prepared in advance to run for two months in April and May 2015 to cover the move of the DC Comics offices from New York to Burbank.
It was going to be headed up by ex-Marvel Editor In Chief Tom DeFalco. But as of last week, that appears to be no longer the case.
I understand that Dan DiDio will be more directly involved. But also, so will ex-Marvel editor Marie Javins, who was previously assisting DeFalco on the project.
Javins has a long history in and out of the comics industry and is famed for having a key eye for talent. It’s quite possible her decision to hire the unknown Warren Ellis to write the Hellstorm comic at Marvel may have changed modern American comics as we know them. And she has a lot of cows…
Expect a bunch of writers assigned to a bunch of books, some familiar, some not, to help fill the gap. Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Grey, Scott Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza are four I’ve heard mentioned but I also understand that they are looking further afield and folk are still being recruited. So wait by your phone…
And if you know any more, please feel free to get in touch.
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018