Sequart Organization and Respect have announced their Chris Claremont X-Men documentary is now released, including on Vimeo and DVD. This is a very interesting looking documentary that, at least by looking at the trailer, has enlisted cosplayers to help tell some of the story. In the trailer you see Chris Claremont of course, Len Wein and Jim Shooter. This is how the company describes the film:
Comics in Focus: Chris Claremont’s X-Men offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse at how a single comic book title was transformed into the biggest franchise in comic book history, thanks largely to the efforts of one writer, Chris Claremont.
Amongst interviews with comics luminaries, the critically-acclaimed documentary details the genesis of iconic stories like “The Phoenix Saga” and “Days of Future Past”, as well as the struggles to maintain artistic freedom in the face of increasing commercial success, to the point that after writing X-Men stories for 17 years, Claremont was forced off the book.
This is the story of the X-Men, told by the people who made it happen, but also the story of how Marvel changed from an upstart comic book company to the corporate behemoth it is today. With all the hype about the imminent release of the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie, now is the perfect time to look back on the writer who made it all possible.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - January 17, 2018
- The Elongated Man Gets His Official Super Suit - January 17, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Erik Burnham Talks Red Sonja #12 - January 17, 2018
- Melissa Benoist on Playing Supergirl and Singing Sad Songs at Disneyland - January 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Strikes with Strong Premiere Ratings - January 17, 2018