But in the light of the upcoming end of the current Teen Titans run, I understand that DC Comics will be launching a Gen-13 series as part of the New 52 this year.
Originally created by Jim Lee, Brandon Choi and J Scott Campbell, Gen-13 was a young superpowered teambook from Image/Wildstorm that was high on the sex and low on the sense. Debuting in Deathmate Black, the new book rocketed to the top of the charts and stayed there for some time. DC Comics might want a little of that back.
Teen Titans may have been accused of being sexually exploitative on occasion, but for Gen-13, that was their schtick. They even had a lead lesbian character before that was the kind of thing you did in superhero comics.
Founding member Catlin Fairchild began appearing in the New 52 in the Superboy title, and then led the Ravagers. Except no onw bought that comic because it wasn’t called Gen-13.
Grunge also appeared in Superboy as an agent of N.O.W.H.E.R.E.
It may not be in April Previews but expect to see it first later this year, from a writer/artist.
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017