But in the light of the upcoming end of the current Teen Titans run, I understand that DC Comics will be launching a Gen-13 series as part of the New 52 this year.
Originally created by Jim Lee, Brandon Choi and J Scott Campbell, Gen-13 was a young superpowered teambook from Image/Wildstorm that was high on the sex and low on the sense. Debuting in Deathmate Black, the new book rocketed to the top of the charts and stayed there for some time. DC Comics might want a little of that back.
Teen Titans may have been accused of being sexually exploitative on occasion, but for Gen-13, that was their schtick. They even had a lead lesbian character before that was the kind of thing you did in superhero comics.
Founding member Catlin Fairchild began appearing in the New 52 in the Superboy title, and then led the Ravagers. Except no onw bought that comic because it wasn’t called Gen-13.
Grunge also appeared in Superboy as an agent of N.O.W.H.E.R.E.
It may not be in April Previews but expect to see it first later this year, from a writer/artist.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017