But in the light of the upcoming end of the current Teen Titans run, I understand that DC Comics will be launching a Gen-13 series as part of the New 52 this year.
Originally created by Jim Lee, Brandon Choi and J Scott Campbell, Gen-13 was a young superpowered teambook from Image/Wildstorm that was high on the sex and low on the sense. Debuting in Deathmate Black, the new book rocketed to the top of the charts and stayed there for some time. DC Comics might want a little of that back.
Teen Titans may have been accused of being sexually exploitative on occasion, but for Gen-13, that was their schtick. They even had a lead lesbian character before that was the kind of thing you did in superhero comics.
Founding member Catlin Fairchild began appearing in the New 52 in the Superboy title, and then led the Ravagers. Except no onw bought that comic because it wasn’t called Gen-13.
Grunge also appeared in Superboy as an agent of N.O.W.H.E.R.E.
It may not be in April Previews but expect to see it first later this year, from a writer/artist.
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018