Alyssa Pack reports for Bleeding Cool from Emerald City Comic Con:
Only on the streets of the Seattle this past weekend could you see G.I. Joe escorting Frodo to safety. During Emerald City Comic Con, cosplayers went all out to be their favorite characters and show off their skills, creating a crazy mash up of characters of all sorts of different genres. For many con-goers in the Pacific Northwest this weekend was one of the major events that could not be missed.
One of the allures for cosplayers is the contests this event hosts. There was even a costume party on Saturday that consisted of a costume contest then a dance party after. This party drew a lot of attention from ECCC attendees in cosplay and not. This venue gave cosplayers a chance to show off their costume to a lot of people while it drew attention to non cosplayers with the party aspect.
When traveling the con floor there were a variety of different characters to take pictures of and with. You could see everything from a Disney princess to a zombie from The Walking Dead. Many times if there was a block in traffic at the con it was due to picture taking of a cosplayer or a costume malfunction. Most of the time it was worth the wait to see what amazing costumes were getting attention.
While dressing up is a portion of cosplaying the most amazing thing to see is someone completely immersed in their character. Cosplaying can take a lot of acting which is brilliant to see in action. Most cosplayers wanted to actually be their character at the con which made seeing them perform an entertaining experience.
Overall, it seems like there are a lot more cosplayers channeling their characters at Emerald City which makes the convention more entertaining to guests. Hopefully Emerald City 2015 brings just as many wide-ranging characters together to strut their stuff.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015