It looks like Bucky may just be sticking around for longer than Steve. On the heels of Chris Evans revealing his six-picture contract with Marvel, Sebastian Stan has confirmed to Newsarama that his deal is for nine films.
On one hand, that deal is pretty standard, at least for the “supporting” players in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it makes sense that the actors playing the titular heroes will have more room to renegotiate more often, but with Evans only contracted to three more films after Avengers: Age of Ultron – one being Captain America 3, and then probably Avengers 3 and then… is that it? Maybe one more film to hand the mantle over?
As we know, Bucky does become Captain America for a while in the comics. And if you’ve already got Stan under contract, this is looking like a big possibility, right? And the actor doesn’t exactly seem taken aback by the potential to go in that direction when asked:
Newsarama: Sebastian, you started off playing Bucky Barnes in the first movie, who became the Winter Solider in the second. In the comics, Bucky became Captain America for a while. Is this going to happen with you?
Sebastian Stan: I don’t know! [laughs] They don’t tell me anything. That’s just the truth.
Put a Bucky Captain America on the big screen in the future as a firm maybe for now.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014