We’ve got a little more information now on a book that was announced at the Image Expo.
In a new six-issue miniseries from Shadowline, Ted McKeever takes us into a dystopian world in The Superannuated Man.
By the time most people realized it, they were no longer in charge of the world we know. In an unspecified future, the small seaside town of Blackwater has now been taken over by advanced and mutated animals. Most of the humans that lived there are now either dead or gone, but one old man remains—a man called HE—who scavenges off the scraps and refuse of humanity’s past on the outskirts of Blackwater, and doggedly defies the new tenants. HE lives a life of solitude in Blackwater is a seaside town bordered by a carbon sea of inky blackness, and populated by animals that have been mutated for reasons connected to the sea.
“But it’s the animals who are threatened by something they do not understand completely. And for years, there has been a growing inferiority tone of indifference and distrust towards him because of his aloof and self-sustaining ‘humanity,’” revealed McKeever. “He is the unknown. An outsider who refuses to join in. He will not conform to their rules. And what they can’t understand, or bend to their ways, they will crush.”
The Superannuated Man #1 arrives in stores on 6/4, and will be available for $3.99.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018
- John Oliver Victorious: Lawsuit Against Last Week Tonight Dismissed - February 24, 2018
- Flash Season 4: What Does Iris West-Allen’s Costume Tell Us? - February 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Back for Only 2 Weeks Before Taking Another Night Off - February 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Angela Zhou Added to Cast; Is She the Third Worldkiller? - February 24, 2018