We’ve got a little more information now on a book that was announced at the Image Expo.
In a new six-issue miniseries from Shadowline, Ted McKeever takes us into a dystopian world in The Superannuated Man.
By the time most people realized it, they were no longer in charge of the world we know. In an unspecified future, the small seaside town of Blackwater has now been taken over by advanced and mutated animals. Most of the humans that lived there are now either dead or gone, but one old man remains—a man called HE—who scavenges off the scraps and refuse of humanity’s past on the outskirts of Blackwater, and doggedly defies the new tenants. HE lives a life of solitude in Blackwater is a seaside town bordered by a carbon sea of inky blackness, and populated by animals that have been mutated for reasons connected to the sea.
“But it’s the animals who are threatened by something they do not understand completely. And for years, there has been a growing inferiority tone of indifference and distrust towards him because of his aloof and self-sustaining ‘humanity,’” revealed McKeever. “He is the unknown. An outsider who refuses to join in. He will not conform to their rules. And what they can’t understand, or bend to their ways, they will crush.”
The Superannuated Man #1 arrives in stores on 6/4, and will be available for $3.99.
- Moonstone Brings The Avenger: Double Feature to Stores This September - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Mysterious Girl and Her Big Mistake - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: What Happened to the Season Finale Big Bad Tease? - May 23, 2018
- Captain Marvelous: Zachary Levi Joins Amazon Studios’ Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - May 23, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Kara and Mon-El Speed Off to Meet [Spoiler] - May 23, 2018