Randall Monroe’s xkcd.com has given the world much. Specifically, it gave me the “someone on the internet is wrong” cartoon which explained my every 3am argument on Twitter.
And now he has a book, WHAT IF?: Serious Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions coming out in September based on his blog.
Here’s his bumf,
The book will feature new hypothetical questions and answers illustrated by infographics, lists and stick figure drawings as well as a few favoured blog reprints.
What If I Wrote a Book?
For the last couple years, I’ve been answering your science questions on What If.
Today, I’m excited to announce that the What If? book is coming!
What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions will be published September 2nd by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Starting today you can pre-order it from your favorite bookseller (Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Indie Bound). There are also foreign editions, including a UK and Commonwealth edition and a German edition.
As I’ve sifted through the letters submitted to What If every week, I’ve occasionally set aside particularly neat questions that I wanted to spend a little more time on. This book features my answers to those questions, along with revised and updated versions of some of my favorite articles from the site. (I’m also including my personal list of the weirdest questions people have submitted.)
Preorder today to get a copy as soon as it comes out!
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018
- Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat to Adapt Own Doctor Who Episodes as Target Novelisations - February 23, 2018
- Return of Bruce Banner Hulk in Avengers #684 Tops Advance Reorders - February 23, 2018