Taschen America, purveyors all bookish things big and beautiful, are releasing a six-book boxed set of Robert Crumb’s sketches from 1964 to 1982.
Based on the original seven volume series from German publisher Zweitausendeins published from the eighties through to the nineties, and accompanying Taschen’s own Sketchbook set from 1982 to 2011, this time it has been edited by Crumb himself to rather include what he sees as his best work, and presented at the size and on the paper chosen by Crumb as well.
Each volume is 224 pages long, totalling 1,344 pages. The set contains “a handwritten introduction, many pages of original color works, and 50 redrawn images distinctly different from the original works”Limited to a thousand copies, each will contain a signed colour print by Crumb. Look for it at the end of April… but you might want to preorder a copy with your local retailer.
Even at $800, they may be snapped up fast…
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018