Taschen America, purveyors all bookish things big and beautiful, are releasing a six-book boxed set of Robert Crumb’s sketches from 1964 to 1982.
Based on the original seven volume series from German publisher Zweitausendeins published from the eighties through to the nineties, and accompanying Taschen’s own Sketchbook set from 1982 to 2011, this time it has been edited by Crumb himself to rather include what he sees as his best work, and presented at the size and on the paper chosen by Crumb as well.
Each volume is 224 pages long, totalling 1,344 pages. The set contains “a handwritten introduction, many pages of original color works, and 50 redrawn images distinctly different from the original works”Limited to a thousand copies, each will contain a signed colour print by Crumb. Look for it at the end of April… but you might want to preorder a copy with your local retailer.
Even at $800, they may be snapped up fast…
- The Daily LITG, November 22nd, 2018 – Thanks For All You’ve Given - November 22, 2018
- LATE: Doomsday Clock #8, Batman Damned #2, Shazam #2 - November 21, 2018
- Batman #62 to Replace Batman #61 - November 21, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Batman & The Outsiders Orders, Will Resolicit Later in 2019 - November 21, 2018
- An Early Thanksgiving Present From DC Comics and Walmart - November 21, 2018