This looks like something else entirely.
Kurt Cobain: When I Was An Alien is the Italian comic biography of the legendary Nirvana frontman, 100 pages long, written by Danilo Deninotti and drawn by Toni Bruno. It will get an English translation in April by One Peace Books.
Growing up, Kurt Cobain believed that he was an alien and that his parents weren’t really his parents. He thought that his alien race would rescue him sooner or later or that he would at least meet others like him, never feeling alone again. Eventually, Kurt Cobain will meet like-minded friends and start the band, Nirvana, that changes the musical landscape forever. Created by two up-and-coming Italian comic artists, this nonfiction, coming-of-age graphic novel follows Kurt Cobain from his childhood to the brink of worldwide fame with the release of Nevermind, showing how tough suburban life can be for a teenager and how friendship and music can fill that emptiness, especially when you feel different. Alone.
Take a look at what’s coming. Thanks to EurocomicsUSA for the tip.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018