This looks like something else entirely.
Kurt Cobain: When I Was An Alien is the Italian comic biography of the legendary Nirvana frontman, 100 pages long, written by Danilo Deninotti and drawn by Toni Bruno. It will get an English translation in April by One Peace Books.
Growing up, Kurt Cobain believed that he was an alien and that his parents weren’t really his parents. He thought that his alien race would rescue him sooner or later or that he would at least meet others like him, never feeling alone again. Eventually, Kurt Cobain will meet like-minded friends and start the band, Nirvana, that changes the musical landscape forever. Created by two up-and-coming Italian comic artists, this nonfiction, coming-of-age graphic novel follows Kurt Cobain from his childhood to the brink of worldwide fame with the release of Nevermind, showing how tough suburban life can be for a teenager and how friendship and music can fill that emptiness, especially when you feel different. Alone.
Take a look at what’s coming. Thanks to EurocomicsUSA for the tip.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017