Dark Horse Presents #36
Mike Mignola (W), Justin Aclin (W), Stan Sakai (W/A), Luciano Saracino (W), Jaime Hernandez (W/A), Patrick Alexander (W/A), Kel McDonald (W/A), Christopher Sebela (W), Dennis Culver (W/A), Martin Conaghan (W), Ben Stenbeck (A), Nicolás Daniel Selma (A), Juan Manuel Tumburús (A), Brian Churilla (A), Jimmy Broxton (A), and Ben Stenbeck (Cover)
On sale May 21
FC, 80 pages
Living legends Mike Mignola, Stan Sakai, and Jaime Hernandez all contribute to this final issue of Dark Horse Presents! Mignola and Ben Stenbeck deliver a new Witchfinder story, while Hernandez introduces Merlon the magician! This issue also features new stories— Sunstroke from Luciano Saracino and Juan Manuel Tumburús, a new Clark Collins tale from Kel McDonald, two hilarious new strips from Patrick Alexander, and a surprise-ending sci-fi story from Martin Conaghan and Jimmy Broxton!
• Plus, the exciting conclusions of Cruel Biology, S.H.O.O.T. First, Usagi Yojimbo, and Davey Jones!
• Two-time Eisner and Harvey Award winner!
Is this to be? I’ve had two runs of The Many Murders Of Miss Cranbourne in the revived Dark Horse Presents, the second run “The Library In The Body” running right now. And I was part of that Eisner Award-winning team last year. So I went to Dark Horse to ask what was what. Publisher Mike Richardson told me,
For 3 1/2 years the book has featured 80 pages per month. I’m reducing the page count (and price). It will reappear after a one month break in a 48 page format.
I am aware that the format and price has been a sticking point for some, even though it appeared to deliver rather good value for money. Try today’s issue. #33, with the second chapter of mine and Simon Rohrmuller‘s current comic. But I also know what a massive undertaking it is to create, month after month.
So…. roll on volume 3. Just in time for San Diego Comic Con.
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017