Five years from now, the DC Universe is reeling from a war with another Earth, leaving the world unprepared for an approaching evil that threatens to destroy the future. Can a time-traveling Batman Beyond help a massive cast of the DCU’s finest avert the impending apocalypse? Find out in this new weekly series that will forever alter the direction of The New 52! In this debut issue of The New 52’s weekly series, Batman Beyond arrives five years later! Grifter turns against humanity! And a Justice League member DIES!
Five Years Later kicks off in September after a little teasing for Free Comic Book Day. But what comes first?
I’m hearing that DC will be filling the summer with another war to follow Trinity War. And just as that led to the battle between Earth 3 and the New 52, so Summer 2014 will see the war extend to… Earth 2.
And… the New 52 Earth? Another Earth? How many Earths can go into battle with each other? Did someone mention Earth Prime even?
We got when Five Years Later would start wrong. We may have got that confused with the Five Years Later event for September 2014 when every book will jump forwards five years for one month.
But it looks like we’ll have All War All The Time in 2014…
Oh and from issue 3.
Who is watching Batman Beyond?
Well no one. It was cancelled, wasn’t it? And from issue 4.
And whatever happened to Stormwatch?
Again, it was cancelled, seriously, someone should be paying attention.
- Suicide Squad Has A Brand New Leader. But Amanda Waller Is Going To Make You Wait. - June 28, 2017
- DC Comics Allows Dark Nights: Metal #1 To Go On Sale From Midnight On Tuesday, August 15th - June 28, 2017
- Batman #24 Goes To Fourth Print For Marriage Proposal. #25 Goes To Second Print - June 28, 2017
- Preview Of Shirtless Bear-Fighter #2 Brings You… The Hillbilly Warlock - June 28, 2017
- So This Is Why They Call It “The Mount” – Sex Lives Of The Superheroes In Occupy Avengers #8 - June 28, 2017