Bleeding Cool reported on how Geoff Johns had been asked by Diane Nelson to restrict the monthly comics he was writing to two. He’d dropped Green Lantern, he dropped Justice League Of America, he’s dropped Aquaman and Forever Evil is coming to an end, leaving him with only Justice League as an ongoing. So what would be his replacement title? We heard it would be a solo title…
Well, it looks like it’s Superman. Ahead of John Romita Jr joining as artist on the book, I’m told by a good newspaper source of mine that Geoff Johns will be writing it.
Look for DC Comics to give that a bit of media play shortly.
The current creative team is Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafort, so with Teen Titans and Red Hood And The Outlaws, that makes Scott three for three on being dropped of late – though I am told to look to the weekly and anthology titles for where he will land next.
- Three Teases For 2017 And 2018 From Valiant In Their Free Comic Book Day Title #meh - April 26, 2017
- Valiant’s X-O Manowar #2 Sends New Characters To War - April 26, 2017
- A Look Ahead At The Loud House Graphic Novel For Free Comic Book Day - April 26, 2017
- Valiant Validated Signature Series Returns For Secret Weapons #1 - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Nature Of Paradise Island In Wonder Woman, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017