Bleeding Cool reported on how Geoff Johns had been asked by Diane Nelson to restrict the monthly comics he was writing to two. He’d dropped Green Lantern, he dropped Justice League Of America, he’s dropped Aquaman and Forever Evil is coming to an end, leaving him with only Justice League as an ongoing. So what would be his replacement title? We heard it would be a solo title…
Well, it looks like it’s Superman. Ahead of John Romita Jr joining as artist on the book, I’m told by a good newspaper source of mine that Geoff Johns will be writing it.
Look for DC Comics to give that a bit of media play shortly.
The current creative team is Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafort, so with Teen Titans and Red Hood And The Outlaws, that makes Scott three for three on being dropped of late – though I am told to look to the weekly and anthology titles for where he will land next.
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018