Bleeding Cool reported on how Geoff Johns had been asked by Diane Nelson to restrict the monthly comics he was writing to two. He’d dropped Green Lantern, he dropped Justice League Of America, he’s dropped Aquaman and Forever Evil is coming to an end, leaving him with only Justice League as an ongoing. So what would be his replacement title? We heard it would be a solo title…
Well, it looks like it’s Superman. Ahead of John Romita Jr joining as artist on the book, I’m told by a good newspaper source of mine that Geoff Johns will be writing it.
Look for DC Comics to give that a bit of media play shortly.
The current creative team is Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafort, so with Teen Titans and Red Hood And The Outlaws, that makes Scott three for three on being dropped of late – though I am told to look to the weekly and anthology titles for where he will land next.
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017